Funding for the Business Recovery Grant has now been allocated – new applications are no longer being accepted.
Wellington County Business Recovery Grants are now available through Wellington-Waterloo Community Futures. These grants were developed as a response to feedback received from the Business Survey conducted at the end of 2020.
Three grants are available from a pool of $150,000.
Grants Open on Thursday, May 6, 2021
Business Safety Supply and PPE Grant
Grant maximum of $1,000 to enhance safety measures
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as masks, gloves, gowns, plexiglass, etc.
- Hard surface disinfectants
- Hand sanitizers
- Methods to ensure physical distancing, such as floor stickers, signage etc.
Business Services Support Grant
Grant maximum of $1,000 for services that support COVID-19 recovery
- Website development
- Design services
- Access to design programs subscription (ie. Canva, Adobe)
Physical Adaptation and Technology Grant
Grant maximum of $1,500 for projects related to physical adaptation and technology that will support the business in operating safely.
- Physical adaptation: patios, pickup windows, outdoor heaters, barrier, direction tools, other modifications needed to operate
- Physical technology tools: Touch-free or contactless solutions such as touchless payments, touchless technology for doors or sanitation,
- Online tools: e-commerce (new or upgraded), reservation systems, digital document software, mobile friendly websites, digital help desk
- Digital tools: software upgrades, digital plug-in and dashboards
Grant Application Details:
Businesses operating a physical location in Wellington County may apply for a one-time grant.
- Total maximum grant allowance per business is $2,000.
- Funding is for items and projects as of March 29, 2021.
- Business has been in operation since January 1, 2021.
- Complete the Wellington County Business Recovery Grant Application.
- Provide a quote, estimate, or invoice for items or project.
- Provide a copy of your Master Business License or Incorporation documents.
- Applications accepted on a first come, first serve basis and until all funding is allocated.
- Grants will be paid out as a reimbursement with proof of invoice.
- Grants must be paid out within 60 days of approval.
Grant applications must include:
- The application form
- A copy of your business license or Incorporation document
- Quotes for the amount you are requesting with a description of services