Deadline to Apply is January 30th 2021
WWCF Business Training and Consulting Grants
WWCF is providing grant funding to focus on providing professional training/consulting services to help SME’s recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Grants of up to $2,000 are now available!
Examples of eligible projects may include, but are not limited to the following:
- advice and assistance with online marketing
- website and social media consulting and training
- advice on adapting to new safe workplace regulations related to COVID-19.
- accounting and cashflow consulting
- software or bookkeeping training
- legal consulting and reviews
- human resource consulting for health and safety or labour relations
Get a quote from your chosen consultant, and submit the quote to us with your application and financials. WWCF will pay the consultant directly when the project is completed.
Eligible Applicants must meet all the following requirements:
- Established prior to March 1, 2020.
- Impacted adversely due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Able to submit business financial statements (Income Statement and Balance Sheet, in-house financial statements are acceptable)
- Eligible businesses must be located in the following area(s) to apply through the Wellington Waterloo Community Futures:
- Wellington County: Puslinch Township, Town of Erin, Guelph/Eramosa Township, Centre Wellington Township, Mapleton Township
- Waterloo Region: Wellesley Township, Woolwich Township, North Dumfries Township, Wilmot Township
Please send in the WWCF Business Service Grant application, consultants project quote and your financial statements to Tina Heathers, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wondering if you are eligible? Please email us with any questions, we are here to help. email@example.com
Ideas that would qualify:
The grant must be for training and consulting, not just paying someone to do the work for you. They must be doing it with you and helping the business owner to learn new skills so they can build their business
Something in digital media…coaching, training, consulting on
- Anything to do with improving the website or marketing
- Clarifying your landing page on your website to increase conversion
- Re-writing, revising or editing content or design of pages in the website
- Full editing and grammatical review of website content for increased professionalism
- Improving user experience and simplifying messaging to resonate with your ideal customer
- how to improve your messaging
- Creating a lead generator to grow your email list
- Researching, editing or developing an email nurture sequence
- Improving your communication channel/newsletter
- Improving your blog posts, articles or case studies
- How to grow and develop social media, help setting up and understanding the various platforms
- Full review of marketing plan with coaching for a new 2021 plan
Accounting Support and Consultations
- Meet and review past financial statements for accuracy
- Consult on bookkeeping and software suggestions
- Cashflow planning
- Business strategy
- Tax planning
- Analysis of gov funding your business would qualify for, assistance with grant writing (coaching but not paying a grant writer to write it for you)
Human Resources Support
Any coaching/consultations/ reviews needed for covid safety protocols
Infectious Disease Program Could Include:
Assistance with Policies:
- Infectious Disease Control Policy and Infectious Disease Emergency Leave Policy
- COVID-19 Exposure Control Program Policy
Management Guidance Documents on such things as monitoring your workplace, recruitment, reopening checklist, return to work, visitor questionnaire, etc.
Safe Work Practices (for your workplace) similar to but not limited to:
- Working in an office, Events
- General SWP – such things as cleaning protocols, when to wear a mask, hygiene,
physical space and distancing protocols, receiving packages etc.
Poster PDF’s to post around your workplace and at entry doors
Training Module for your team on working safely
Small Business HR Review Includes:
- Review of HR, safety and Human Rights, which includes a review of your current pandemic protocols as well as qualifications for other supports (rent subsidy, CEWS, etc.)
Business Software Applications and Training
Training on new and useful software applications used by businesses to improve performance and enhance communications and customer supports.
Zoom – Look professional in meetings – do you have the right camera, lighting, and microphone? Do you know how to record calls, use breakout rooms, share your screen, or collaborate with the whiteboard?
CRM’s – Do you use a Customer Relationship Management system to keep customer information, manage tasks, share contacts and information with your employees?
Project management software – there are many new ways to keep organized and save time.
Other programs include: accounting software, website builder, email marketing tool, social media management.
Digital product consultations
Developing ebooks and course creation to enhance online sales.