Wellington Waterloo Community Futures is proud to be a partner in the Guelph-Wellington Our Food Future Initiative. Guelph-Wellington is working to become Canada’s first technology-enabled Circular Food Economy, re-imagining an inclusive food-secure ecosystem that:
- Increases access to affordable, nutritious food by 50%, where ‘waste’ becomes a resource
- 50 new circular businesses and collaborations are created, and
- Circular economic revenues are increased by 50%.
Recently, Our Food Future pivoted to address COVID-19 impacts in Guelph and Wellington County, taking direct steps to help local food system businesses emerge from the current crisis stronger and more sustainable. For more information, download the Our Food Future 10 Point Recovery Plan.
Other Our Food Future Projects:
Increasing Access to Affordable, Nutritious Food
Creating Jobs and Collaboration Opportunities
- Circular Food Economy Innovation Hub (iHub) »
- Harve$t Impact Fund »
- New food economy skills and training »