Community Economic Development (CED) is a process by which public sector organizations, businesses, and community partners work together to make their region a better place in which to live, work, and play. CED integrates social, cultural, and environmental dimensions into decision making to ensure that the right conditions are set for economic growth and job opportunities.
The Wellington-Waterloo Community Futures is actively involved with local interest groups responsible for making decisions about economic growth. We assist with:
- effective and regular communication between business, government, and community groups
- properly maintained infrastructure
- access to training and development opportunities
- community enthusiasm and commitment
How Can WWCF CED Help You?
The WWCF can assist with the following:
- Research project planning and research activities
- Strategic planning and visioning
- Facilitation (developing a vision, goals, objectives, and timelines)
- Research to secure funding and proposal writing
- Provide recommendations on CED opportunities
- Act as liaison between local organizations, business and representatives of government and industry