Make a Real Difference in Your Community!
Community Economic Development Officer
Wellington Waterloo Community Futures (WWCF) is looking for an energetic person to become its Community Economic Development Officer. The successful candidate is responsible for building community relationships with local businesses, rural organizations and municipalities in the County of Wellington and the Region of Waterloo and identifying opportunities that will increase the potential for local economic activity.
- Post-secondary degree in a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in community development and relationship building
- Previous project experience and problem-solving skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with computer application software
- Some travel may be required, must have your own transportation
This position is a one-year contract position with potential for an extension. Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume, including salary expectations, by 4:00 P.M. on Friday March 6th, 2020 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by mail or in person at the following address:
294 Mill St E., Suite 207, Elora, ON N0B 1S0
Community Futures Development Corporations (CFDCs) support Community Economic Development by assisting Ontario’s rural communities to strengthen and diversify local economies. WWCF is part of the Guelph-Wellington Smart Cities initiative working to establish a rural-urban living lab that creates innovations in access to healthy affordable nutritious food.